Saturday, November 18, 2006

frost-tipped days

this week we were met with mounds of cabbage everywhere... being pickled and spiced and hiberanated for winter. it's kimchee making time :)

we were also met with a fine dinner in honour of a staff member leaving, at a fancy restaurant known as the "bird's eye"... it was a welcome break from the headache of report cards.

today (saturday) trenton and i buckled down and began prepping for next year. we're feeling led to live near toronto with our friends, sacha and nathaniel. this will give us the chance to not only live closer to emily's family -- she's been away from them for 9 years -- but to experience the community of living with another couple ... we know this will come as a shock to some of you, and are sorry if we couldn't tell you in person. nothing is set in stone -- however, we refreshed trent's resume and cover letter, and began sending them out to school boards in that area. prayers would be appreciated.

the day's monotony was broken by a spontaneous volleyball game with jill, naomi, and four other guys... tonight trent and i ordered pizza and tomorrow we'll continue to venture around this town we barely know, continuing to adjust to foreign customs which are slowly becoming familiar and dear. may you find christmas beauty in these frost-tipped days :)







6 Comments:

Blogger Billy said...

I absolutely love kimchee. I will be at home with my parents for the holiday and that will be a definite side dish at the table. Odd, isn't it? I have not had a chance to read up on your archives yet to see how you came to Korea. Perhaps you could email me a short post about it?

I hope that you create many memories of your stay there. I cannot wait until next year when I will be able to visit.

Have a wonderful weekend. God bless. You are in my thoughts.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

Em & Trent,

It is encouraging to see how God is leading you both in terms of next year. It is hard to believe that it has been nine years for you Em...has it been that long since Carmel? R & I will be praying for you both as you venture take these new and exciting steps of faith. I am sure he has paved the way for you both already! I am excited to journey with you:)

love you! Mel

10:17 AM  
Blogger Kathys Blog said...

Of course I'll pray for you! Even though you just depressed Edmonton and made a whole lotta people in Toronto HAPPY! Love you.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey Guys!

We can't wait! We miss you both very much and are very excited about this opportunity. We'll be praying for you. Please also pray about employment opportunities for me too. THANKS! Love yas! Sacha

2:26 AM  
Blogger J Man said...

Toronto??!!

12:13 PM  
Blogger pink monkey said...

HI Trent and Em;

Awwww ... not Edmonton? ;o(
I guess in my heart I kinda knew that already some time ago .. I do know that God has plans to give you hope and a future and to prosper you, as you walk with Him. Jeremiah 29:11 I think you are both on an amazing journey. Part of me wishes I could have walked that path in my youth. But it was not to be. And that is okay too. I am exited to see where the Lord leads you and what He has ready and waiting for you already in this time and in this season of your lives. Blessings!!

Love you muchly,
Auntie D and family.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home