Sunday, October 29, 2006

emerging from our 'shells'


this weekend we took the KTX (korea's fastest train) to busan -- a city by the sea that boasts 4 million people (korea's second largest city). out of those 4 million, we spent time with two -- and were thoroughly encouraged by it. we avoided touristy things, opting instead for fellowship. sacha and nathaniel, whom we've met twice before (emily first met her on an airplane ride 6 years ago), hosted us with grace and warmth. dining in turkish, korean and western restaurants... emily having her hair done (cut and dyed)... trenton being engrossed in one of korea's many 'games rooms'... purchasing our very own 'turtle' (his name is Squirmy) ... playing poker and climbing a mountain ... elements which composed a delightful weekend by the ocean. the connection was so great between us all, it felt indeed as if we were 'emerging from our shells' ...




11 Comments:

Blogger Kathys Blog said...

I love that little turtle!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Jelly Beans Gurl said...

EEEEEEE!!!!!I want a turtle! You know this! How could you do this! Oooohhhhhh I want him so bad. He is so cute. I'm so jealous. Oooeeeewwwwwww! Hehehe He's so tiny and cute. Oh man. Bring another one home for me. You'll have to hide him though. In you pockets. I will call him Germs! I hide him in my pocket cuase he's very very small...Germs Germs my invisible turtle!

8:07 PM  
Blogger J Man said...

Careful, those cute little turtles grow fast! I hope you have room for a 4' tank for Squirmy!

Hair looks great, Em! Trent, you're a natural mountain-man!

Cheers!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

I love your hair em! Glad that you were able to make connections with this other couple--God is good! love, m

7:19 AM  
Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

aww em, thanks for your compliment!
love you! M

7:25 AM  
Blogger C.J said...

I want one

4:16 PM  
Blogger .a. said...

Hey Beautifuls!
LOVE your hair (bangs!) and LOVE the turtle!! Miss you terribly, (K, can I say that again?) MISS YOU!
My time here is running short for Canada, it snowed here on the weekend like crazy! and now it's cold, and very wintery outside...but we're counting down the days...(btw 21)
You guys are having too much fun! Keep it up =) Love you! Take Care, and I'll email soon,
Love!
A.

8:22 PM  
Blogger meredow said...

you guys are having so many incredible adventures! i like your korean kut, em :) and squirmy truly is adorable!

8:38 PM  
Blogger ~Nate said...

(A.K.A the excited expedient expressive explorer) Excellent weekend. It will be noted and thoroughly engraved in my mind for all those future fortune tellers to read.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The experience was surreal and so hopeful. My joy overflowed this week-end. You two are such a blessing to us.

Love ya!
Sacha

1:50 AM  
Blogger Keith Dow said...

hey, so glad that you're finding some rest or at least encouragement and community there!

you should get a better digital camera.

rock on

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home