Tuesday, November 14, 2006

poker face


last night it snowed... in korean, snow is "noon". rain is "bi" pronounced "pee". :)
we watched the snow falling from inside the warmth of a pub where we played texas hold'em with our new group of wonju buddies.
remember jill? the friend from high school who i met on the streets? well, we went for drinks; then she decided to start up a weekly poker game ...
last night there were three girls and six guys, all from different 'hogwans' (english schools)... and trenton and i managed to slap on our poker faces and 'ace' the game :) it was pure fun.
we pray God shines through us, as we're the only believers among them. and we praise him for friends from all around the world.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice! So glad you've found more community...so fun..playing poker and such. You look so pretty and suave in that picture;) Love ya! Sacha
ps. I'll be looking into saunas and such for a girls week-end.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

Okay, I was mistaken before. I found your blog through The Jones'. I found their blog through LeNightowl. Anyway, I love playing poker!! What a great idea to play once a week. Have a good day.

5:12 AM  
Blogger J Man said...

I always get schooled when I go play poker w. the old SP buddies. They play all the time online and stuff - I haven't played regularly for years!
Good on ya for takin the table!

The wealth of the sinner laid up for the righteous!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!

8:05 PM  
Blogger meredow said...

Em, you are BEAUTIFUL!!! Snow is also beautiful, in a completely different way, and I'm hoping you'll send some over here! It always feels so much more Christmassy after the first snowfall!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Kathys Blog said...

You have a winning hand there. In more ways than one.

10:27 PM  
Blogger .a. said...

K, I don't know poker, but that looks like a good hand =)
I'm so glad for you when I read these things, so much fun you are having!!!
I pray that God does use you -- wouldn't it be cool, if the very reason you were brought to Korea is to minister and change one of those lives for eternity =) I get that warm, bubbly, Holy spirit feeling inside of me just thinking about it!
I will be praying and loving you guys from afar!
Love. A.
PS, I think it's hilarious that rain in Korea is "pee" makes sense I guess... "the sky is peeing, the sky is peeing!"
heehee, k, sorry, I had to say it.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Ernest Dow said...

Interesting if your main 'ministry field' in Korea turns out to be expatriates... After all, what good is salt if it doesn't get out of the saltshaker?
Glad you've got some fun thrown in!

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home