Tuesday, November 21, 2006

5 untold truths


(by emily)
my friend, jason, (who i really only started getting to know after we stopped being co-workers at Living Light News) has 'tagged' me ... which means, i'm the next to share five untold truths about myself. after unveiling these coveted details, i will then proceed to pass the torch onto 5 other fortunate fellows.

1. despite laughing a lot and loving the presence of people, i am, undeniably by society's standards, an introvert. i need my 'alone' time in order to recharge and love people again.
2. i am very, very stubborn. don't try to change my mind on this. it's a fact. just ask my husband :)
3. i feel very very deeply for complete strangers. someone i have never met, and probably will never know, might pass my path... and my heart will twinge for them. i pass them and pray for them. i love people... who are achingly real. on the same note, i despise disguise.
4. my dream is to write one unforgettable book, that will keep people up at night and spawn further writings...
5. i am scared of becoming a mother... because i am highly self-critical, and expect perfection. i am scared of ruining my children because i'll expect too much of them.

there. it's been said. i hope you still love me :)

i'm passing the torch on to...
1. Sacha Joy
2. Abba Girl (even though I just met you through blogging :))
3. Ammee Pearl (even though you're currently driving to California)
4. Keith Dow (my lil bro)
5. Melanie Brasher

spill the beans about yourselves!!

9 Comments:

Blogger meredow said...

i love you! you are so worthy of respect, my dear sister.

12:01 PM  
Blogger J Man said...

Thanks for sharing!

Email me, jvision at shaw dot ca

1:10 PM  
Blogger Jelly Beans Gurl said...

Very cool Em. Some of them I suspected (like #2 hehe) and of course others were obvious, like #3. I respect you for sharing number 5. I think all of us maybe-would-be-mothers are afraid of ruining our children in one way or another. The best thing to do is know our weaknesses and do our best not to pass them on.
ps. Thanks for not chosing me. I have to admit, I felt some fear of seeing my name up there. haha. Love you.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

I would like to thank you for choosing me. It will be tough though.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Em,

Very thoughtful blog. you're always loveable and what you said was pretty cool. I love how you like real people and care about strangers and everything else you said(the stubborn part~hmmm...I have my work cut out for me between you and Nathaniel both ...what will Trent and I do;)...just trickin'...I love that too...it's why you're a self made artist)

I'll try to do the challenge with as much courage.

Love ya!

Sacha

12:24 AM  
Blogger Kathys Blog said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes there are people in our environment that we don't get to know until we are out of the environment? That happens alot....

7:29 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

i think i knew all of those things about you, emily. aren't i a good brother?

i think you'll be an excellent mother. it'll probably help you with your perfectionism. life is messy, and there probably isn't anyone to make you realize it as much as kids.

8:21 PM  
Blogger pink monkey said...

hey Em, love you even more .. is that possible? I love the way you are so open and transparent. I can learn a lot from you.

As for being a Mom, don't sweat the "small stuff." ;o)
We are not perfect children to our Father in Heaven and he does not expect us to be perfect parents to our kids either. So rest in that fact. When the time is right, you will be a wonderfully caring loving compassionate Mom. Just think of your great love for strangers .. how much more you will love the children God may put into your life.

I also love what your bro said about having kids .. yep, it is so true that they teach us so much about life. I think that shows us a bit of God's sense of humor. ;o)
Reversing the roles like that !!?? And don't ever forget, God's promise that He will never leave us or forsake us .. especially when the times get rough. (and messy, as Keith said so well)

As to being perfect, ain't ever gonna happen. I too struggle with some aspects of perfectionism. We are the hardest on ourselves, that is for sure.

A little older lady came into the bank the other day and she was so upset that she had made a mistake in her addition and that it was the very first time. I told her that now that her "first mistake" was made, she could enjoy not having to be perfect any more and that she could enjoy a sense of freedom in knowing that she could join the rest of us who are not perfect either. She smiled and said she needed to hear that one and she left the bank feeling a bit lighter. I just love when that happens.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and encouraging all of us along the way. No matter how old we get, there is always a lot of room to grow. And unfortunately, we will never be fully "mature" and "wise" until we get to Heaven. What a thought that is, eh?
Now, enough of that. So much for a short note .. but I never was good at short .. except for my height, that is. ;o)

Hey, Grandma and Auntie Karen are coming to visit for a couple of nights. They arrive for supper tonight. Should be fun. Shera is playing volleyball in Ardrossan. I am so thankful that your Mom is safely home again and look forward to hearing her stories and seeing her pictures soon.

Take good care and blessings on your lives together! You are precious to us.

Love, Auntie D. and family

7:53 AM  
Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

thanks em, I will think try and spill the beans as best I can;) You are such a caring person, and that is something that I have admired about you from the beginning!!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home