Sunday, March 04, 2007

i'm a ladies man

In China I bought I new ping pong racket and I went to my 'ping pong' hang out to test it out. I was hoping to find my regular ping pong guy but he was not in. There were three elderly ladies who where practicing with the coach (the guy with his hands up). He got me to practice with the ladies, and I did for two hours. They are quite good, and all of them have a mean forehand. They fed me a apple, and then ask me out to dinner. I was tempted but alas I am a married man.




























Before the ping pong, i watched a bunch of Koreans play some type of game. You can see them playing it here. It consists of throwing four sticks at the same time and you need three of them to stay in a square, and one of them to land out. They were also drinking and singing and eating. They gave me a beer and some food, and tried to talk to me. One guy was very insistent on telling me something, but i did not understand a word he said. But he was drunk so it didn't matter.

(by Trenton)

10 Comments:

Blogger .a. said...

Sweet, Dude!
Good thing you have such a wonderful lady friend -- I can see how the temptation could have been great.

=)
A.

3:35 PM  
Blogger J Man said...

Getting drunk w. the locals, and getting schooled by some old grannies... sounds like a blast!!

7:34 PM  
Blogger miya said...

haha, that game's called "yunnori(윷놀이)" that Korean play on new year's day. it's pretty easy but competitive when Koreans start playing :)
Try next time~

8:00 AM  
Blogger Jelly Beans Gurl said...

I love it when you leave something on the blog Trent. Makes me feel closer to you. That sounds like a really fun adventure. Oh, only someone in our family would get that much joy out of being beat by 3 elderly ladies. haha. Things are going good here. We got a glimpse of spring on Saturday +8, but now we are back to winter again. -22. We are hoping to get one more ski trip in March, hopefully Mom will be able to come with us. Love you.

4:52 PM  
Blogger pink monkey said...

HI Trent and Em;

Wow! What gorgeous pictures. And I love the joy on your faces as you see and experience new things. What a trip!! You guys look great in your fur hats.

I have been off the computer for the past week pretty much, so it was so fun to catch up on your China trip. Thanks for sharing your time with us all here in cold cold Alberta! Have a wonderful week ahead. We love you both.

Auntie D. and family

7:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Trent,

We keep taking pics of all the ping-pong tables we see for you. Glad you can enjoy some time with the "ajumas" of Korea. They are pretty good at a lot of things they do.

Take care and keep writing!!

Sacha

2:03 AM  
Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

Hey Trent,

Great to read a post by you:) Sounds as though you had a great time:) Keep playing ping-pong, and keep writing:)

Mel

7:01 PM  
Blogger Ernest Dow said...

All those tables - looks like 'ping-pong heaven'! After a hiatus without playing for a long time, Monday night at a pastors' conference I enjoyed 3 games (lost 1, won 2). Looking forward to our next game together -- you'll need your new paddle! :) (j/k - you could beat me BEFORE Korea)

4:04 AM  
Blogger Teshah said...

Sounds like a wicked fun time! I finally have gotten around to leaving you a message! Yay! But I don't really have much to say, other then I love ping pong! And I miss ya. Later, Teshah

8:39 PM  
Blogger Keith Dow said...

i enjoy your posts, trent.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home