Tuesday, February 27, 2007

day three -- the GREAT wall


despite another day of mist, the wall emerged like a secret passageway to a magic kingdom... it is 6,000 kilometres of stone labour, 700 years old. we only walked part of it, but i've never seen trenton happier. his one dream when we decided to come to asia was to walk the great wall. today, as displayed by this picture (standing atop the highest point of the wall), he achieved this goal. at regular intervals along the wall, towers are available for exploration... trenton bought a russian fur hat to honour the occasion :) i accompanied him in my trapper gear.

we also visited "the sacred way" (where we 'rode' stone animal statues), entered the Ming Tomb museum and dined at two luxurious restaurants... the food consisted of everything from sweet and sour pork, stir fried vegetables, fish, and rice wine. we toasted our future together with the latter (as seen in the picture below).

what a GREAT day...








7 Comments:

Blogger Ernest Dow said...

Which won -- the camel or the horse?

"Lĕḥayyīm, Comrade!"
[Hebrew, "to life" (a toast with small alcoholic drink)]

5:45 AM  
Blogger .a. said...

That looks spectacular!
Isn't it amazing to be next to something so 'ancient' it actually breathes a sort of history we can only imagine? I love you guys in your hats!
I get my hair done today =) I know that's not a big deal compared to the great wall, but I thought you'd share my excitement, if only a little bit =)
one day I would love to go see the Pyramids in Egypt...anyways, say hello to Sacha for me =) Her comments on my blog make me smile, she seems so wise... as do you,,, you're all having the times of your lives, cherish EVERY moment!
Love you all!
Amy

9:43 AM  
Blogger J Man said...

I love sake!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Jelly Beans Gurl said...

That is so cool. I have always thought going to the forbidden city would be so romantic! And I'm so happy for you Trent. Its always exciting to cross something off one's "To Do" list. And I love the hats a well. Too fun!
Well, enjoy the rest of your spectacular holiday. And think of us here, doing the same old same old. (Actually, I'm loving my job right now, which might be a little rare.)
Love you both.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Jelly Beans Gurl said...

That is so cool. I have always thought going to the forbidden city would be so romantic! And I'm so happy for you Trent. Its always exciting to cross something off one's "To Do" list. And I love the hats a well. Too fun!
Well, enjoy the rest of your spectacular holiday. And think of us here, doing the same old same old. (Actually, I'm loving my job right now, which might be a little rare.)
Love you both.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

Yeah for Trenton! Looks like he is on top of the world!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Teshah said...

Wow, I would totally LOVE to walk on the great wall! I can totally understand how Trent felt, I think I would feel the same way! On top of the world! Nice hat by the way! Stylin' Lotsa love,
Teshah

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home