Saturday, January 27, 2007

board again

we hit the slopes for the third time this weekend. it's probably our last time at phoenix park... we couldn't resist the thought of colliding into thousands of koreans and losing our hearing due to the loud speakers blaring ballads.

indeed, the mountain was like an ant hill... (see pic below) but we carved up the hills like they were turkey... i (em) am in love with snowboarding. good-bye skis! there's something so freeing about being one with the slopes... it reminded me of the tension needed in one's relationship with God: you need just enough trust to let the board lead you, coupled with the right dash of self-control (so you don't lose the board).

trent mastered the 180-degree jump on his board today. we did a lot of falling, and a lot of laughing. in the end, we'd each mastered something, which felt truly good.

we snapped photos of a couple of funny signs... "intermedia and above" and "tissue service" (available at every chair lift!)

tomorrow's sunday, and we'll be hosting a former young life leader who's visiting korea. his name is tim. no doubt a rousing game of 'settlers' is on the menu :)
we hope you are all well and thriving on winter's snowy wonders!



6 Comments:

Blogger Jelly Beans Gurl said...

Good for you Em! We'll have to go together some time and rip up the hill! I have yet to master any jumps, except for little ones. I think you have to be willing to break something before you can master jumps! I'm just too chicken at this point. We had some great powder at Marmot this year. I have never snowboarded on anything like it before. It was like floating on air! You would have loved it. Becuase of all the powder we all did tons of bush trails. Leanne hit a tree, which was pretty funny. No injuries. Anyway, glad to see you are still having an awesome time down there. We miss you both and love you tons!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

That looks awesome! Good for you. I am glad you were able to get back out again.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Ernest Dow said...

Go Team Canada! Show 'em you don't need no 'tissue service'... :)
-Pa

9:53 AM  
Blogger pink monkey said...

So glad you two are having so much fun. The snowboarding sounds wonderful. Sounds like you are hooked, that is for sure. Good for you guys to get out and take on those slopes!

Have a great week and enjoy all that God has in store for you in your work and in your play. Take good care, be safe, and stay healthy.

Love you guys,

Auntie D. and family

8:54 PM  
Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

that's awesome you guys:) I must admit that I am terrified of boarding...so I do admire you both:)Sounds as though you had a wonderful time!

How was the settlers game? Ryan and I are hooked;) You guys will have to come and visit us sometime and we'll play:)

Have a wonderful week!

love, Mel

10:46 AM  
Blogger .a. said...

Hey Em!
Glad to see you guys in photos =)
I have to admit, I am NOT "thriving on winters' snowy wonders" =) More like "wondering when the cool Californian winter will wander into Spring"...I Guess it's colder here now than it has been in years (hovering around 55F/13C) which is still nice, but by the coast is windy and cold (boohoo right?) I laugh even as I type it, I just simply can't complain -- I do miss snow, our little secret.
anyways, have a wonderful week!
Love you,
A.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home