Friday, December 29, 2006

thailand's smiling faces


Trenton here. So here we have emily drinking out of a coconut, and the grand palace... And some monks. But i think they're imposters because i saw one taking pictures with his cellphone!









This is a hut we stayed in. Underneath us are bantams and their little chicks. They woke me up, and disturbed my meditating.













































here are some monkeys, and below is a blowfish. He puffed up right in my hand! Twice. But he is poisonous so i did not eat him. But i did eat the monkey. Tastes like chicken : )






Emily says i have to tell you i did not eat the monkey!

















Emily is sad because i really did eat the monkey. We are going through a small stream covered by mangrove trees. The trees are basically in mud and water, like a swamp.

















So i overcame the fear of drowning and swam with the fishes! So many fishes with so many colors. Yes i do teach enlish. I could not catch any fishees but i did touch a few. We stayed in a mountain village and a resort. The pictures are not in order, just so you know.
Emily got a tattoo and a piercing. One of them is fake.


































i made a sand-turtle and called him squirmy. i also rode a elephant. All by myself when the trainer fell off. And then we went bamboo rafting and emily got wet.






























































below is a little girl who's actually a cute monkey dressed in human clothes.








i had two one hour long massages that day :)














9 Comments:

Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

Hey you two! It sounds as though you are having quite the adventure in Thailand:) Emily, I love the piercing--looks good. Amazing that you met my sister--the world gets smaller and smaller! Have a wonderful new years.

love ya,
Mel

6:31 AM  
Blogger .a. said...

K, this is by far the freakin' funniest post you've written! (I don't know if it's cause Trent wrote and his writing style is very 'man man' -- you know, no extra words, just the message)but I soooo enjoyed reading it! I love the photos, they totally bring your vacation to life =) LOVE the peircing Em! (did you have to take out one to apease the hubber? Better not have been ours!) and that one monkey looks like a pretty realistic kid...you might want to double check =)
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Em, I'm going to email you in the next couple days when I get a chance....miss you guys so much!
Love, A.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Jelly Beans Gurl said...

Oh Man Trent. That post was so funny! It made me laugh, it made me cry, it moved me Bob. And seeing monkeys is entirely different than actually holding and petting monkeys! Way way cooler. Wow, that adventure just looks like too much fun. You should write more posts, its kind of nice hearing things from your point of view once in a while. Anyway, I'll send you some pics of Christmas. Love you tons.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

Glad to see you have a sense of humor. I am used to talking to Em and I have not had the pleasure to read any of your posts. Great post and pics.

7:15 PM  
Blogger kanadians in korea said...

Laughed so hard..I cried. Monkeys and all, what a fun trip you had. Try not
to eat too much..you might turn into one someday...or has it already happened;) Love you guys...come away with us on vacation.

Sacha

1:24 AM  
Blogger Virginia said...

This was my favourite post so far too! It was like reading a children's story or something! All the extra pic's were nice too. Happy New Years!! Cheers!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Dangela said...

Trenton, you make me laugh!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Ernest Dow said...

Thank you for sharing your exotic vacation with us -- suddenly I'm transported the bleakness of a snowless Canadian mid-winter. Feel the temperature rising!
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Trent really DID eat some monkey... I can see Emily's going to have to learn some new massage techniques. Instead of "Stand By Your Man" she'll be singing "Stand ON Your Man". Just be careful she doesn't happen upon Nancy Sinatra's "And on of these days these BOOTS are gonna..."

6:10 AM  
Blogger pink monkey said...

Trent, I guess you know by now that you definately will have to do more of these crazy fun accounts of your life experiences. I smiled and then I laughed! I so enjoyed your silliness and wonderful sense of humor .. I can really relate to that! ;o) haha

Loved to see you playing with live monkies. I too had that experience at a monkey zoo in Holland and I loved the whole afternoon playing with those cute little things .. until one leaped on to my shoulder, whacked off my favourite pink earing and he took off running on 3 legs with that earing in his other hand .. with me flying on behind trying to catch up and get my earing back. Alas, he was quicker than me and that was the end of that romantic relationship! Too funny, looking back. Ahhh .. memories.

And as to you being disturbed during your meditating ... yeah, right! The snorkelling must have been awesome! Enjoying creation under water .. how cool for you! And of course you are an expert at elepant "driving!" Hmmmm.
Glad you enjoyed your massage .. I can't imagine a man of that size walking on your back would feel good .. but then as they say, "no sense, no feeling." Could not resist that one!

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your monkeying around there.

Lotza love, Auntie D. and family

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home