Thursday, December 14, 2006

an artist's musings




years ago i wrote a song for my husband, which got lost somewhere along the way... this past week, i wrote my first 'worship' song... it was inspired by a devotion trent and i read together where Peter, one of Jesus' disciples, is asked by Jesus three times if he loves him... after responding, "Yes Lord", Jesus then tells him to 'feed his sheep.'

it feels so good to strum my own chords and belt out my own lyrics. i love that God can pour through us creatively...

anyway, i just wanted to share this milestone with you. i'm sorry trenton doesn't write on this blog -- he isn't much of a writer, but he approves of everything i write before it's posted. most of the time :)

we are off to thailand for a couple of weeks, starting this sunday. we'll still be checking our e-mail and trying to post blogs, but we just want to wish you the holiest of Christmases. we love and miss you!





7 Comments:

Blogger Billy said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip. You will be in my thoughts throughout this holiday. I do want to thank you for your kind words and understanding. I appreciate it so much. Have fun and be safe.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Keith Dow said...

hey, that's awesome! I want to write some more worship songs sometime soon.

i'm sure it's wonderful!
-keith

9:25 PM  
Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

that is great that you can express your love to the Lord this way. I love that the Lord allows us to show our love to him in such creative ways! You look so good with the guitar girl!! Keep writing, creating and expressing:) Have a wonderful time in Thailand:)

love, Mel

2:03 PM  
Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

we would love for you and Trent to come visit us:) It's time for a road trip when you get back home girl:)

love you! Mel

2:04 PM  
Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~ said...

Thats Awsome! Way to Go Emily...I'm jealous of those who can strum and create songs...keep at it! Enjoy your travels over Christmas...be safe and send pics;)
Merry Christmas

9:22 PM  
Blogger .a. said...

Hey you guys!
I smiled so when I read this blog em! (Esp. at the part about Trent not being a writer but 'mostly' approving all content before it's posted, since J. is the same way!)
I encourage you to keep writing, keep painting, and definetly keep singing/playing guitar. Worship is God's love language and music is a tender dialect (hope I spelled that right...)
I'll be praying for safety and joy as you travel Thialand - how exciting! Have a wonderful, blessed Christmastime.
Love you girl & guy!
A.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Em,
I miss you already. I can't wait to read/ hear all your stories...live it up. I love you gal. You're so creative and special in all that you do. keep lovin' life.

Love ya!

Sacha

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home