Thursday, September 28, 2006

scooters and ham

it's thursday night. i'm sitting in my pajamas eating cereal and bananas, writing about the obvious: scooters and ham. trent meanwhile is a bundle of energy upon his new red toy, and is currently scooting around the city. i'm in awe of his childlike passion for ... everything. tonight he called up a random person named "Steve" and asked him to play ping pong. nighttime is when he shines, like a star. i flicker and burn out, like a candle. right now the pasta's boiling over on the stove, so i should go. but first, i'll explain the purpose of this blog: the ham (all 12 bundles of it, plus two bottles of mustard) was a "Chusok Holiday" gift from our school (Chusok is next week; we'll be taking off for Jeju Island). -- and the scooter: this past week, we decided to purchase one. it beats walking. and it's fun. we don't have any divine assurances that we were meant to buy it, but the money was available and, what the heck -- life's all about adventure right? :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jelly Beans Gurl said...

I'm so super jealous! I've wanted a scooter for so long! Except mine would be orange. Good for you guys, it sounds like tons of fun. You have no idea how jealous I am. Things are good here. I subbed two times this week. I was hoping for three but seeing as I have no power over when I get sub jobs there wasn't much to do but hope. Love you.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Ernest Dow said...

COOL WHEELS!!
Can I have one too?
Trent's grinning like a big kid... (as the others say, we're just jealous!)
Now, Em, let's get this straight. You punish yourself with an hour-long jog each morning then justify the scooter by saying, "It beats walking"? Hmmm. This does not compute.
Whether jogging, scooting, hamming it up -- be safe!

4:37 AM  
Blogger pink monkey said...

So okay, jealousy seems to be the main theme here. So I will add my bit of jealousy as well. It looks like tooo much fun! And as to who would look the best on the scooter? Toss up. Of course Marge would be a tough competitor!! ;o) And that fact can of course be seen and proven when she comes to visit you guys. And yes, we expect a picture on that one too!
What a thrill to be able to scoot all over town. I presume it is big enough for both of you to fit on it? We need a side shot too, of you on it together. We don't ask for much, eh? I just love seeing pictures of you guys .. it makes you seem closer to us in a way. Sure thankful that Em likes to write and keep us posted on your lives there.

Anyway, enjoy your days and nights, whether you be stars or candles ... God loves you and so do we!

Love,
Auntie D and family

9:06 AM  
Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

em, wow a scooter! that reminds me of scenes from india--oh, nostaliga;) It sounds as though you both are having a great time. I feel as though i flicker out at night as well...;)

love you!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home