Tuesday, September 05, 2006

running into heaven

my morning runs are my times of meditation. in the past month i've run in alberta, northern ontario, and now in korea... every morning, my feet slapping against the ground, my eyes absorbing new details and faces. here in wonju, nature springs up at every turn. my run takes me along cobblestone sidewalks, past bright red flowers whose name the locals don't even know. past countless school children in uniform, clinging to each other, their tiny faces smiling up at the 'foreigner', their mouths whispering hello. then i turn past hundreds of crimson peppers lying out in the sun on the pavement. robbery is barely heard of here... to leave something outside is to trust your neighbour. my feet take me along the busy highway, past zooming buses and taxis, past the large wedding hall with its smiling figurines of a man and woman , past tiny shops and gas stations. my favourite part is when i emerge up over a particular hill. i am greeted by billowing sheets of cloud suspended by blue sky, green rice fields as far as the eye can see, and mountains poking up across the countryside. a slice of heaven. i praise God for these times of meditation.

4 Comments:

Blogger .a. said...

This is simply wonderful! I miss your poetic morning musings =) I'm running with you
Love,
a.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Ernest Dow said...

Thanks for taking us along on your run with you! Felt like I was jogging along on your shoulder, taking it all in. (However, I know the health benefits of 'virtual' exercise are vastly over-rated...)

4:09 AM  
Blogger J Man said...

i praise God for these times of meditation

Me too!

12:26 PM  
Blogger pink monkey said...

Running with Jesus .. what a beautiful thought!

Thanks for sharing your hearts and lives with us here! I love it!!

Auntie D.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home