Saturday, April 14, 2007

our mountain-top date

this weekend we abandoned report cards and the stuffy air of our apartment, and went on a 'trenton and emily excursion' to the TOP of chiaksan mountain (a 12 kilometre hike).

we started out taking the scooter, but it overheated, so then we climbed on the bus for the rest of the way...



spring is starting to bloom... we saw random purple flowers hedged by budding branches ... at the peak, snow loomed its ugly head.



this waterfall is full of coins people have tossed in for good luck. so we went fishing... (hee hee)



emily valiently rope climbs up the cliff...



trent pauses to look handsome...





then ponders life as we know it from the top of chiaksan. (behind us were a lot of korean families eating picnics)...
a memorable meeting was with a korean man who hiked the entire way with NO SHOES ON!









we congratulated ourselves by splurging on an evening at The Outback Steakhouse (such a foreigner thing to do, but man was it worth it.)








4 Comments:

Blogger Billy said...

We love the Outback. It is my kid's favorite place to eat. He loves the bacon cheeseburger from there. Stop by the blog when you get a chance. I wrote about you today.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Ernest Dow said...

Your blog just keeps rising to new heights! Splendid pictures.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Jesse and Sarah said...

I love Outback Steakhouse! So good. Good for you guys, getting out and taking a date amongst a busy schedule.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jelly Beans Gurl said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. And I bet Trent loved going to the steakhouse! I too have report cards coming up, actually tomorrow, as well as open house on Wednesday. My drama 9s are walking around as mimes and my drama 10 are clowns. (There are only about 6 of each) Should be fun. I'm getting evaluated on Wednesday. I'm not nervous yet. Just a really busy, somewhat overwhelming week. I wish I could climb up a mountain right now. But it is warming up and the tennis nets are up so we are enjoying that. Love you both.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home