Sunday, April 08, 2007

no chocolate bunnies this year

it was a rough day for trenton. no chocolate bunnies, no hockey tournament (he was supposed to play today in chucheon)... crummy weather combined with lack of communication forced him to wait.


nevertheless, he was appeased by a 'sunrise service' we held with friends dan and angela; whole-wheat blueberry pancakes, strawberries and whipped cream, along with some bible reading and hymn singing started off easter morn.


then we headed into seoul with emily's DEVILED EGGS (first-time folks! see pic -- i'm proud of my babies, lol) and we attended pastor john gurnett's church.







after that we all crowded into john's apartment (us along with a million other people) to devour ham, turkey, salad, chili and rice, perogies, gummy bears, carrot cake and ... well, my famous deviled eggs. :)



after that we waited around for our bus to show up so we could go home to sweet wonju. in the meantime, trent shared my old-man sweater because he was cold... ha ha.








while we miss the turkey, stuffing and good-friday vacation of home, we thank God for the moments we had today. have a happy and holy celebration of our Lord Jesus Christ, everyone!

9 Comments:

Blogger .a. said...

Dear Em and Trent -- happy Easter! it's weird that my day is just beginning and you've already blogged about yours! (it's 7 in the morning here) I'm so glad you had some wonderful memories in Korea -- btw -- AMAZING first photo! i love it, it's pro =)
I so appreciate your writings em, you're so intelligent...and wise.
Have a good sleep you two -- blog at you in the morning =),
love,
a.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Ernest Dow said...

I know the Bible says about husband and wife that 'the two shall become one flesh' -- but that sweater idea is a little ridicklous... :)
Easter love from the folks! Thanks for sharing your day.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

Hey! I have been catching up with your blog. Work has been taking up lots of time this week. I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

Hey Em,

I wish I could try your deviled eggs;)

Mel

3:57 PM  
Blogger Mr. Dean said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

em,
Thanks so much for your encouraging comment on our blog:)..alright, tell me more about facebook:)

Mel

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jelly Beans Gurl said...

We missed you too. Mom hid some envelopes for us, but Teshah found them in like 5 minutes. Mom was so disapointed. She thought she hid them really well. We had a great weekend, full of family, food and fun. We definitly missed you being there though. We ate all our chocolate in memory of you!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Jesse and Sarah said...

Hey, say hi to John G. for me.

7:28 PM  
Blogger meredow said...

A sunrise service made my day a real "Easter" as well, since I had to work. It sounds like you had quite the new Easter experience, but made the most of it. I just made deviled eggs yesterday for the first time too! How ironic! A trick I learned was to lay them on lettuce leaves so they don't roll around!

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home