Saturday, March 24, 2007

Hockey Night in C...orea

Last weekend I had a hockey tournament in Chun Cheon.

In photo number one you can see me completing my hat trick to win the game 8-4.

Photo number two shows me scoring the game winning goal as we won 5-4.

And in photo number 3 I am tying up the game at 3s; we went on to win 4-3.

It was lots of fun. Afterwards we went out for tak kalbi (pronounced duck galby), which is a BBQ spicy chicken. (see photo number 4).

Some players from all the teams went so we had a group of thirty plus. They gave me some lessons on korean drinking ettiquette.

For starters, you are never supposed to fill your own glass. You are never supposed to fill your own glass. When someone pours for you, you must accept it with two hands if they are you equal/elder. They same thing goes if you are pouring for your elder, and if you are going to drain your glass you must have someone join you in a cheers type format.

I also now have a korean name 'Gang Miran'. The 'r' in Miran is haveway between a 'r' and a 'l'. Gang is my last name or family name. It comes from the begining of the province I live in: Gangwon-do, and Miran is name of our Hockey team.

By now you may have figured out that there are no pictures as I FORGOT my camera. But someone was supposed to email me pictures. If I get them, then I will add them. Don't hold your breath.

Trenton

5 Comments:

Blogger Keith Dow said...

hey trent, sounds like you'll have to come back and play some real hockey :) my church team is 2-0 in the playoffs - if we get another win we'll be guaranteed to be in the championship game.

meanwhile, the sens and flames are doing well... go team(s)!

it would be pretty neat to see a bunch of koreans (and trent) play some ball hockey. you should see if you can get a video of it somehow and utube it.

8:58 PM  
Blogger kanadians in korea said...

i love you babes. you make me proud. em.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Jelly Beans Gurl said...

Sounds like your a real superstar! Too bad about the pics, i would have liked to see them. Anyway, things are going well here. Soon it will be time for some road hockey! Tesh and Shaun are getting excited already, but I'm sure they will miss you. Love you

8:48 PM  
Blogger J Man said...

Ba-ba-ba-baaa-buuumm....

Way to do your country proud, Trent!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Trent,

Cool to see you're enjoying your time in Korea with hockey and food. What better way, hey?

Cheers!

Sacha

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home