Wednesday, March 14, 2007

white day and yellow flowers

warning: sappy post :)

so this is me, sweaty from my morning run, just having received a lovely bouquet of yellow flowers from trenton in honor of march 14 being "White Day" in korea. kind of a racist day, if you ask me :) but i don't mind... being white and all. just joking, lol. it's actual just another valentine's day, upon which the boy is meant to give his special girl something sweet.

anyway, trent's card was very touching -- it said:

"Dear Mumbles (that's his nickname for me because i mumble all the time), Happy White Day! Will you be my white ... person? I love you. You are the most important thing in my life. SHMILY."

SHMILY stands for: "see how much i love you."

this year in korea's been really good for our marriage. and even tho we're going to have to separate soon for awhile, i know that moments like this will keep us deeply connected forever. ok, enuf mush. just wanted to share :)

9 Comments:

Blogger .a. said...

hey girl =)
Glad you did
(share)

love,
a.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Jelly Beans Gurl said...

Yes, I'll agree. The flowers are beautiful, the card is adorable, the nickname is cute, SHMILY is sappy, and Trenton is very sweet. I'm glad to hear that you two are very much in love. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with Trent. Who would have ever suspected that he had a romantic side?
Love you both.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Ernest Dow said...

Awwww.... Trenton's a model for the rest of us hubbies. Thanks for sharing -- very mush! :)

7:43 AM  
Blogger Ted & Mary Nanninga said...

Trenton actually gave you flowers!!! I'm shocked. I remember Trent as a wee lad saying "why would I buy flowers? They're already dead!"

10:48 AM  
Blogger Ryan & Melanie said...

that is so cute. thanks for sharing.

mel

1:25 PM  
Blogger Keith Dow said...

HA. mumbles. so true. :)

2:20 AM  
Blogger pink monkey said...

awwww ... sooo sweet!
Trenton, YOU da MAN !!! Like the song says, "How sweet it is to be loved by you!" Or maybe that song is waaaay beyond your time?? ;o) Emily is blessed indeed.

Beautiful flowers too. See, Trent, I always knew that you were a "flower child." (like I put in the DVD I gave your Mom and Dad for their 25th.)

Anyway, have wonderful days while you are still together in Korea. Time together is so precious. When does Emily leave there? WE are thinking of you here.

Love,
Auntie D.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Kathys Blog said...

THAT was a great mushy post. Been thinking about you and your upcoming time alot lately. Praying for you.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Trent and Em~

I laughed a lot when I read this post. You guys have a great relationship, so funny and sweet. Keep livin' it up!! Happy Yellow Day(my new day when it's sunny out)

Love,

Sacha

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home