Wednesday, April 11, 2007

magnolia madness

whoever invented the phrase "stop and smell the roses" must never have taken the time to smell magnolias.
white winsome petals
delicate yellow core

sweet scent
like a miracle

growing outside our window

you know it's a remarkable flower if trent comments on it. he can't get over the magnitude of the magnolia. it radiates heavenward and outward, embracing us everytime we leave and enter our home.


on a side note, i spent some lovely time with a new friend named kerri last night... we strummed our guitars, and sang leonard cohen and simon and garfunkel.

she loves korean letter paper even more than i -- the poetry on it is so ... random. sporadically wonderful.














"weak up!" the eggs cry to the unsuspecting letter-recipient...
whoever thought eggs could have so much feeling?

"however, since it was passing together every day, the trouble appeared also in each egg."



and with these deep thoughts, we bid you adieu.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

wow - super cute eggs -- and bears too =)who would'ave thunk
thanks for your comment on my blog em, it made me feel better. It's morning here and I think I'll walk down the hill and buy some milk...I hope you have a wonderful day, thanks for your friendship and love! You're so wonderful.
love you sis, a.

7:32 AM  
Blogger .a. said...

Haha!! I just commmented on your blog as my friend laura (cause she was showing me the first photo of her baby (ultrasound) last night and had to log into her gmail, and well, you get the picture)
Sorry!!! lol
a.

7:34 AM  
Blogger J Man said...

Now I'm going to have little eggs and bears singing "Everybody Knows" "Mrs. Robinson" in my head all day.

LOL

8:14 AM  
Blogger miya said...

hi emily! you alright?
i've been pretty busy schooling :)
are you planning to come to seoul on 22nd Apr? it's said that cherry blossoms're the most beautiful this coming weekend! (actually, i just enjoy watching flowers only in the school unlike flower trippers) you seem having a lovely moment with magnolia in wonju, right? haha. i have time on 22nd, so we can meet up. what are you fond of? if you're interested in the art, we can visit
Andy Worhol exhibition or somewhere around insadong/samcheongdong. let me know if you come and what you'd like to do :)
sweet dreams
and have a lovely friday!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

hhmmmmm. I can smell those from here in Kansas. Beautiful pictures.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

I received my bible today. Thank you so much.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home