Tuesday, August 22, 2006

our arrrival

we just arrived in korea late last night, so i am pretty overwhelmed/tired. we started our orientation today and did some grocery shopping ... there are so many things to learn/adjust to, but i think it will be ok. right now we're staying in a guest house at the university until our apartment is ready, which kinda sucks. but the surroundings are beautiful -- a lovely lake and hundreds of trees. our actual apartment is downtown, but it's in a nice neighbourhood with a grocery store/bank and all the necessities. anyway, in some ways i am struggling with being here just because i feel so weak -- my brother getting married was actually pretty hard. i bawled during the ceremony. it's such an emotional rollercoaster. then, followed by a 14 hour flight, i am sitting here a basket of tiredness and confusion. but no doubt in a few days things will clear up. i am so glad trenton is here to help me. pray that we have patience with one another.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ernest Dow said...

So glad you made it safely! "Guest houses" can be kind of interesting in that each has a character / situation of its own. The Lord's building your own unique character through this adventure!

4:30 AM  
Blogger kanadians in korea said...

hi guys We enjoy your comments i just wrote you a e-mail. love you mom

7:08 AM  
Blogger .a. said...

Hey you guys!!!!
Wow! I can't believe you're all the way over there now! I'm so glad you arrived safely, I'm sure it will seem overwhelming the first little while with all the changes, but you guys got an army praying for you here...and God is no smaller in Korea than anywhere else on the planet. I'll keep prayin for your transitions. I love you guys! Be strong. (Just think of all the CUTE little korean kids!!)
A.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kathys Blog said...

Awesome. I am so glad for you being in Korea, and grateful for the experiences you will have. Despite your nervousness, I think of all the things already in the works, because of your desire and willingness to be a part of a bigger plan. This is the beginning of the next adventure.
I pray all of God's blessings on you. I have a couple of friends over there -- Nicole and Andrew Fudge -- if you see them say hi -- another very inspired couple.

6:00 PM  
Blogger J Man said...

Life is a big adventure isn't it? There's Light to be found everywhere you are, in ever situation - all you have to do is look for it.

Jesus, shine in the hearts of Em & Trent. My Your Peace rest on them like a blanket, keeping them warm in the midst of the storm.

Bless you, Emily.

10:35 AM  
Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~ said...

Emily I totally know what you are talking about that emotional rollercoaster...i was on it too and still feel like i am. With the wedding and seeing everyone together and then flying out right after and then jumping back into teaching 3 classes when I hadn't even been back for 24 hours. I think i"m still inbetween countries..my body is definately here but my head is somewhere else as i try to catch with all the work and emotions. I'll pray for you in that too b/c thats all that is going to help us through.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home