Saturday, August 05, 2006

more ontario musings

i love running here, my feet slip-slapping against gravel roads lined by golden rows of corn. i love drinking in the sweet song of the cicadas and the chattering of crickets living long past the moon. i love embracing my parents and feeling free of a mortgage, vehicles and schedules.

yet even as i run headlong into the wind my heart is heavy with the thud of a thousand goodbyes, a million tears and countless questions about our future.

today we're going to visit our wizened, wise old grandparents and i pray i can stay focused enough to love them deeply. who knows when we will next meet. every day should be absorbed.

1 Comments:

Blogger .a. said...

i love this entry! I feel like I'm right beside you running. (You know, this is going to sound super cliche) but our Christian life is often parrallelled (k. I know I spelt that wrong) to a race that we are to run with perserverance --maybe that's why you enjoy it so much! -- anyways, I hope you have a wonderful time with your grandparents!! make them tell stories and show pictures - that's the best part =)
I agree -- Every day should be absorbed!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home