Thursday, August 17, 2006

emily's resolution

as the day approaches, realization decscends. my stomach tightens and my mind fights to grasp reality. it's as if we're preparing to die ... to our old lives ... and resurrect in a strange new world. i have decided to enjoy every minute of it. for most of my life i have lived in fear of the unknown. i may be only 26, but i am tired of trepidation. tired of running from myself. tired of pretend boogie men. i am going to hug the present, dance outside the shadows, and attack every opportunity with a fierce intensity. in other words, when in korea, i will live as the koreans do. i will not regret my choice to travel, to teach, to breathe in another culture. and upon my return, i will be smiling. free of fear.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathys Blog said...

This will be a great time for you, Em. I look forward to your stories, and I am sure you will have many. Thanks for all of your encouragement -- you KNOW I love you, too.

6:14 AM  
Blogger .a. said...

Hey girl,
I think the beauty of life is the unknown, and fear (unfortunately) is absence of faith...(I had someone tell me that once and I was mad for awhile, till I realized it was sort of true) it can be easy to measure life and descisions without God's perspective. And I always thought that you tackled every opportunity anyways so I think you're on the right track =)
Tired of running from ourselves is a GOOD place to be!
I love you and am praying for you!
A.

7:04 AM  
Blogger J Man said...

We're in the exact opposite space. I've been carefree for 27 years; now....
God bless you, Em. God bless your good man, too.
I'll enjoy walking in faith alongside you - starting my own business is kind of like moving to another country... right?

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home